– a lovely spot underneath the shady trees, on the western slopes of the picturesque village of Ferch, just 30m to the beach of Lake Schwielow, just 12km away from the city of Potsdam, just 40km away from the centre of Berlin. Relaxing at the beach, visiting the world-famous palaces and gardens of Sanssouci or enjoying the vibrant atmosphere of Germany’s capital: due to this excellent location everything is just in reach. It is possible to leave the car at the campsite, because public transport to Potsdam and Berlin runs every hour right at our door, on weekends also at night.
– Situated remotely, far from the stress of the city Ferch has remained until today how it has been described by the famous German writer Theodor Fontane: Stretched along the south end of the Lake Schwielow and surrounded by vast woodlands and hills. A great offer of biking- and hiking-possibilities makes it easy to discover Brandeburg’s marvellous nature. There are magnificent views on the lake almost everywhere – the very same views Albert Einstein was enjoying at his summerhouse nearby.
Sights to see:
- Town-church (17th century)
- Museum focussing on the „colony“ of painters who frequented the area in the 19th century
- Garden of Bonsais
– one of the most beautiful cities in Germany. With its 12 palaces and historical gardens it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Sights to see:
- Sanssouci Palace - summer residence of Frederick II the Great
- Cecilienhof Palace - host of the Potsdam Conference 1945
- Historical quarters of the city (so called „Russian“ and „Dutch“ quarters)
– capital of Germany and the country’s biggest city. A magnet for travellers from all over the world, a global city of culture, politics, media and science, a city with a changeful history.
- Brandenburg Gate - national landmark
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Berlin TV Tower a.k.a. Alex Tower
- Kaiser-Friedrich-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche - memorial of the devastation of WWII in the western part of the city
- Museumsinsel - Europe’s finest in density and quality of museums
Schwielowsee-Camping - ***Campsite
- Season: 13st April to 15st of October 2017(8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- 27.000 m2
- 80 guest-spots
- 2 sanitary buildings with showers, lavatories and toilets
- 1 separate sanitary building with toilets
- bread rolls and beverages available on the campsite
- supermarket nearby
- several Restaurants in the village of Ferch
- boat rental nearby
- CCE electricity
- dogs welcome
- hourly public transport
|small Tent ( 4m² ):||4,60 €|
|big Tent:||6,35 €|
|shower coin||1,00 €|